Lime zest beetroot, caerphilly & pecan salad - recipe
PUBLISHED: 09:53 03 August 2015 | UPDATED: 09:53 03 August 2015
A recipe for a dish that is bound to be a talking point before it rapidly disappears!
Lime Zest Beetroot, Caerphilly & pecan salad with mixed leaves, lime & honey dressing
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
For the dressing
• juice 1 lime
• 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 tsp honey
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
• 80g bag wild rocket
• 180g lime zest beetroot, cut into wedges
• 100g Caerphilly cheese, crumbled
• 50g pecan nuts
What to do
• In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, mustard and honey. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
• Divide the leaves between plates, and scatter over the beetroot and Caerphilly cheese.
• Add the pecans to a small frying pan and set over a medium heat. Toast for a couple of minutes until they smell lovely and nutty. Tip on to a board and roughly chop, then scatter over the salad.
• Finally, give the dressing a final whisk and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
• Cook’s tips: lime zest beetroot can be purchased from Waitrose or choose a different flavour from the infused beetroot ready-to-eat range, which includes Spicy Sweet and Fiery Beetroot (Tesco Finest), Sweet Chilli Rosebud Beetroot (M&S), Red Wine Vinegar & Orange Blossom Honey Beetroot (M&S), Sweetfire® Beetroot Wedges (Waitrose), Juniper & Black Pepper in Red Wine Vinegar Baby Beetroot (Morrison’s), Lime Zest Baby Beetroot (Waitrose) , Juniperberry & Black Pepper Cocktail, Beetroot (Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference), Sweetflame Beetroot (Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference), Honey & Ginger Baby Beetroot (Asda)
Recipe courtesy of www.lovebeetroot.co.uk