Teff pilaf - gluten free recipe
PUBLISHED: 10:56 13 February 2015 | UPDATED: 14:58 23 March 2015
The subtle earthy tones of teff grain make this easy-to-cook pilaf a real winner in a recipe from Doves Farm
Preparation and cooking time: 25 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
Ingredients - Serves 4
• 150g Teff Grain
• 300ml water
• 50g crunchy peanut butter
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 green chilli
• 2 spring onions
• 1 tbsp fresh chopped flat parsley
• pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Place the teff in a medium pan with 300ml of cold water and bring to the boil.
• Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
• Roughly chop the tomatoes. Halve and deseed the chilli and discard the seeds, finely chop the flesh. Chop the spring onions and parsley. Gently warm up the peanut butter.
• Fluff up the teff grain with a fork, stir in the peanut butter and prepared vegetables, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Serve warm or cold as a salad.
• For other tasty and inspiring recipes using teff and quinoa grain, look on back of pack or visit www.dovesfarm.co.uk where products are also available to buy.
• The health benefits of going gluten free - For some it’s a necessity, others make a lifestyle choice which they feel improves their overall health or lessens allergies. Claire Pitcher finds out more.
• Pan-fried fillet of sea bass with potato puree, samphire, clams and teign mussels nage - gluten free recipe - We’re delighted to share with readers this recipe kindly provided by Chris Wheeler, head chef at Humphry’s, Stoke Park.