Events and things to do in Buckinghamshire - November 2016
PUBLISHED: 16:30 24 October 2016 | UPDATED: 16:30 24 October 2016
Whether it's a trip to the theatre or a fireworks fiesta, get ready to sparkle in Buckinghamshire
CAWC International – The Chiltern American Women’s Club – will host its annual Christmas Bazar on Sunday, 20 November at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Gerrards Cross. This year the popular event will raise funds to be split between two chosen charities, the Epilepsy Society and Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity.
There will once again be more than 70 artisans, craft and gift stalls. In addition, there will also be the bakery bar, the Lone Star Café featuring Tex-Mex food, two raffles, and the much sought after CAWC holiday gift baskets. The two raffles include a Grand Raffle featuring prizes from the Crowne Plaza with an overnight stay for two and a VIP Shopping Day at Bicester Village & Value Retail, as well as a 4-Ball from the Buckinghamshire Golf Club and diamonds from jewellers Pelugi Diamonds. There will be a general raffle featuring vendor-donated prizes.
CAWC International has raised more than £250,000 with their fundraising events over the years. The event will run from 10am to 4pm. Many stalls have already been reserved but those wishing to either have stalls or explore other event-related sponsorship opportunities should visit cawc.co.uk.
From Marlow to the Somme
A celebration of the life and music of Frederick Septimus Kelly (1881-1916), the Australian-born composer who lived in Bisham, takes place at 7.30pm on Saturday, 12 November, in All Saints Church, Marlow.
Kelly, who was killed while serving with the Royal Naval Division at Beaucourt-sur-l’Ancre on the Somme in November 1916, was a noted oarsman who won Olympic Gold for Britain in 1908. A friend of Rupert Brooke, he was present at the poet’s burial on Skyros in 1915. Kelly’s Elegy for String Orchestra, composed in memory of Brooke, will be among the works performed by the Chiltern Camerata.
With Andrew Green (narrator), Geraldine Rowe (soprano) and Jeremy Rowe (piano), tickets £10, under 18s free. Call 01494 883112, email email@example.com.
Head to Cheddington to enjoy a feast of creative talent at the Town Farm Art Show from Friday, 25 to Sunday, 27 November, 10am to 4pm. Ten artists and makers will be exhibiting in converted farm buildings that are the home and studio of artist Christine Bass.
Their nominated charity is Rennie Grove Hospice Care and all proceeds from the sale of festive home-bakes, mulled wine, teas and coffees are donated annually to this vital cause.
Take a looksat contemporary still lifes and landscapes, captivating illustrations, delicate, botanically-influenced ceramic lamps, along with porcelain vessels & tableware, woven willow items, raku & soda-fired pots and stoneware, ceramic pumpkins, abstract garden sculptures to enhance your garden, wooden nativity sets and arks, beautiful Egyptian quiltwork, contemporary jewellery and woodcarvings.
Cheddington itself is a pretty village north of Aylesbury and well worth a visit – make it a day out with lunch perhaps. See townfarmartshow.blogspot.co.uk.
• 3 November – 18 December, The Tythe Barn at Christmas, The Tythe Barn, Manor Farm, Church End, Haddenham, tel: 01844 291539
• 4 November – 24 December, Christmas Fair, The Courtyard Gallery, The High Street, Wendover, tel: 01296 620428
• 5 November, Art & Craft Fair, Queens Park Arts Centre and Limelight Theatre, Queens Park, tel: 01296 424332
• 5 November, Spectacular Fireworks Celebration, Crowne Plaza, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, tel: 01628 496860
• 11 November, Pamper & Shopping Evening, Chilterns MS Centre, Oakwood Close, Wendover, tel: 01296 696133
• 17 November, Christmas Lights Switch On, Market Square, Aylesbury, tel: 07738 314010
• 18 November – 24 December, Milton Keynes Christmas Market, Central Milton Keynes Shopping Centre, Midsummer Place, tel: 01832 281274
• 26 November, Christmas Craft and Food Fair, Stantonbury Leisure Centre tel: 01908 324466
• 26 November, Craft and Vintage Fair, The Olney Centre, High Street, tel: 07531 475653
• 26 November, Christmas at Halton House, Aylesbury, tel: 01296 696133
• 26 November, Stokenchurch Dog Rescue Christmas Bazaar, Longburrow Hall, Park Lane, tel: 01494 482695
• 26 November, Friends of The Misbourne Christmas Craft Fair, The Great Missenden Memorial Centre, Link Road,
• 27 November, Princes Risborough Tree of Light, Duke Street Gardens,
• 27 November, Marlow Christmas Market, Fieldhouse Lane, tel: 01628 496860
• 27 November, Santa’s Parade, Market Square, Aylesbury, tel: 07738 314010
• 30 November, Christmas Street Fayre, Station Parade, Denham Green, tel: 07850 096754
Aylesbury Waterside Theatre, Exchange Street, tel: 08448 717627
3 November, Al Murray; 4 November, The Carpenters Story; 5 November, More Miller Magic; 6 November, Kevin Bloody Wilson; 9 November, Jim Davidson; 12 November, The Hollies; 13 November, Queen Extravaganza; 14 November, Sean Lock – Keep it Light; 16 November, Steve Backshall’s Wild World; 17 November, Dr Hook featuring Dennis Locorriere; 19 November, Andre Rieu – Christmas with Andre; 22 November, Josh Widdicombe; 24 November, That’ll Be the Day Christmas Show; 27 November, Marillion 2016; 29 November – 3 December, The Woman in Black
Wycombe Swan Theatre & Town Hall, St Mary Street, tel: 01494 512000
1 November, That’ll Be The Day; 4 November, Chinese State Circus 2016; 5 November, Foster and Allen; 6 November, Nina Conti; 8 November, Tenors
Unlimited; 8 November, An evening with Paul Merson; 9 November, T.Rextasy 2016; 11 November, Dad’s Army – A salute to the 1940’s; 12 November, Maximum R n’ B with The Manfreds; 13 November, Stick Man; 22 November, The Phil Collins Experience; 23 November, Brendan Shine
Milton Keynes Theatre, Marlborough Gate, tel: 08448 717652
Until 5 November, The Commitments; 6 November, Milton Keynes City Orchestra – Movie Music Matinee; 8 & 11 November, Glyndebourne presents Don Giovanni; 9 &12 November, Glyndebourne presents Madame Butterfly; 10 November, Glyndebourne’s Behind the Curtain; 14-19 November, Relatively Speaking; 23-26 November, English National Ballets: Nutcracker; 28 November, Bowie Experience; 29 November, Professor Brian Cox Live
The Stables, Stockwell Lane, Wavendon, tel: 01908 280800
1 November, Steve Harley Acoustic Trio; 3 November, Midge Ure; 12 November, Julia Fordham; 12 November, Catfish; 14 November, An Evening with Jasper Carrott & Alistair McGowan; 19 November, Kiki Dee & Carmelo Luggeri; 22 November, Rich Hall; 23 November, Badfinger; 25-26 November, Just Joe: Joe Brown Solo
Stantonbury Theatre, Stantonbury, tel: 01908 324466
17 November, Dr Faustus; 20 November, Winter Showcase 2016; 22 November, Frankenstein; 26 November, The Christmassy Christmas show of Christmassy Christmasness; 29 November, A Christmas Carol
The Elgiva, St Mary’s Way, tel: 01494 582900
7 November, Are you Experienced? The Jimi Hendrix Tribute; 10-12 November, Chesham Theatre Company presents: Agatha Christie’s The Unexpected Guest