The benefits of having a house sitter
PUBLISHED: 15:09 13 November 2015 | UPDATED: 17:05 13 November 2015
Need full time a housekeeper or caretaker when you are away from home? Do you have several pets to care for while you're on holiday? Worried about the cost? Try using a housesitting agency or network. It's much more economical and can be very secure.
Instead of full time salaries for caretakers you can find experienced house sitters who are happy to collaborate in exchange for free accommodation or the cost of their expenses, all through a secure online network.
From a house sitter’s perspective, the HouseSitMatch platform offers an excellent way to secure affordable travel with free accommodation arranged as a ‘working holiday’. And from a homeowner’s perspective it means you have free experienced caretakers to keep your property secure and free pet care at home. At home, pets experience less disruption to their routine and less stress than in an unfamiliar kennel environment. Home boarding minimises pet stress and separation anxiety.
To learn more, watch this 60 second video.
When selecting a house sitting network to find your ideal house sitter consider the following:
1 Security is paramount
• Privacy through usernames – they do not use or reveal real names or identities on the site, only usernames and first names
• Your location is private – they show only the nearest town location, you reveal details when ready to your chosen sitter
• Private messaging is private – only you and the recipient view messaging
• Password controlled access – only you can see and change your password
• House sitters reviews – they only publish house sitter reviews given by homeowners in their network, to ensure the reviews are true
2. Customer service
• Bespoke PRO service - special requirements; more details here
• PREMIUM service for that extra little help you might need
• STANDARD option as a homeowner gives you online support through live chat from the homepage and on the phone
3. Economical solutions to home security and pet care
• Securing free experienced house sitters and pet sitters through HouseSitMatch is one of the most affordable ways to keep your home secure and your pets safe and stress free in your absence.
4. Member special benefits through marketplace partners - HouseSitMatch offer members special benefits to make travel, home and pet care a little more affordable, they negotiate discounts with key European partners.
• Car and Travel Insurance
• Currency transfer and conversion
• Car hire
• Pet products and supplies
5. House sitters background checking
• Standard identity check and police record background checking
• In-depth background checking